|Since 1972, Precision Parts and Remanufacturing has specialized in
the complete remanufacturing of import starters and alternators. They have since added
domestic applications, reinforcing their position as one of the premier remanufacturing
facilities in North America.
Testing and Remanufacturing
Stringent criteria is imposed at PPR to insure a quality product.
Every unit is 100% factory tested before it enjoys the PPR diamond label.
Pulleys, voltage regulators, gears and many other component parts
are manufactured at PPR's state of the art facility. Additionally, many units are
re-engineered to improve the original equipment design and performance. This unique
capability of designing and manufacturing new parts enables PPR to provide consistent
Customers can be assured that when a starter or alternator is
remanufactured by PPR, the performance will be as good or better than when it was new.
All units performance tested for proper operation, high/low speed
output and voltage cutoff. All patterns oscilloscope tested.
- All housings have mount surfaces and threads guaged & repaired as
- Fans straightened or replaced as needed
- All pulleys painted, plated or dipped to inhibit corrosion
- Shafts and threads gauged and replaced as necessary
- Double sealed new or remanufactured bearings used throughout
- All bearing seats gauged and repaired as necessary
- Rotors are tested for amperage and insulation quality
- Stator is inspected for insulation quality, phase balance and rated
- Voltage regulator tested for voltage cutoff and output functions,
replaced as necessary
- New terminal hardware
- High temperature insulators installed where required
- New brushes throughout, springs gauged and replaced as necessary
- Rectifier load tested, repaired or replaced as necessary
- High capacity diodes and high temp solder used where required
- Slip ring guaged and repaired as necessary, all are machined,
polished and checked for "run out"
All units performance tested for torque, current drain and
engagement voltage. Current is oscilloscope tested.
- Gear train inspected and lubricated with extreme pressure grease
- All shift lever pivot and contact points lubricated with high
- Splines & shaft lubricated with appropriate lubricant
- All housings have mount surfaces & threads gauged and repaired as
- New rollers, springs & caps throughout
- Clutch race centerless ground and gauged
- Drive gears inspected & replaced as necessary, only chamfered
- All bushings replaced throughout with oil impregnated bushings,
tolerances carefully gauged & maintained
- Stop ring & collar inspected and replaced as necessary
- Field housing inspected and tested for field strength
- All solenoids are disassembled, cleaned, tested and reassembled to
meet or exceed O.E. specifications
- New contact surfaces (stationary & moving)
- New terminal hardware
- Solenoid windings tested for pull strength & current drain
- Brush springs inspected and replaced as necessary
- Brush leads welded, not soldered
- Brushes gauged & replaced as necessary
- Commutator machined, polished and checked for "run out"
- Brush rack inspected & replaced as necessary
- Armature inspected, straightened and polished as necessary